Thursday, April 12, 2012

Bright spring bouquet with a hint of a dark side

This is the bouquet I designed for my brother's fiance Mackelle. She wanted me to try and use all four of her wedding colors; hot pink, bright yellow, lime green and purple. For the life of me I couldn't fix my camera's settings so that the purple flowers looked the purple they really are. They really aren't that blue. The flowers I used in this bouquet are white roses (large, medium and small), hot pink peony buds, yellow calla lilies, purple gerbera daisy's and lime green button mums.


Mackelle also really loves the funky look of feathers and wanted me to try and work them into the bouquet. I originally was going to do the feathers in a color, but in the end I decided black was the best option. This works because black and white is being used throughout the rest of the wedding as a backdrop for all the other colors. It really ties everything together.
I found this large and beautiful pin on ebay. It was less then 10.00 including shipping.
I love a good ebay find!

In these pics I noticed the purple tulle wasn't centered on the pink so I fixed it. But I was to tired to get out my camera and take more pictures.


This was a fun bouquet. I'm glad I could do it for my soon to be sister in law.
I can't wait to see her bridals. This bouquet is going to look amazing next to her white dress.
Thanks for looking. I should have another bouquet to post in about 2 weeks. So check back soon :)

No comments: