Friday, March 30, 2012

The very un-redneck hunting and camo wedding

"How will I do this?" I wondered, when I first heard what the bride and groom wanted. Camo...horns...hunting...deer? How do use these things and make the cake not look like it belongs on something from that scary redneck wedding show?
Well, This is what I came up with....Thanks to the help of my amazing wedding cake baker, Daphne. We pulled it off. This isn't a cake that I would choose, but I ended up falling in love with it. I had so much fun creating the veil and tux tie for the deer on top of the cake. The stick monogram and burnt wood cake base also gave it perfect final touches.

 I also had fun putting together a different style that I've never done for the brides bouquet. She wanted it to look as though as if we gathered the flowers that morning from a mountain field. We used burlap and camo ribbon at the base of the bouquet. I was also pleasantly surprised at the outcome and everything turned out better then I could have hoped it would.

No comments: